Young Artists at Work is a paid, multidisciplinary arts, activism, and job training after-school program for San Francisco public high school teens.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Theme Brainstorm

Here are the words and concepts you all brainstormed about the "Through Future Eyes" theme. Feel free to add on to this list by commenting on this post. Just press "comment" and say what you think!

Also, please do EXPAND on these words and ideas in your own blog post. I encourage you all to use a bubble web to organize your ideas like we did with Temo last week. Let's start a conversation on the blog about these ideas; it is a great way to prepare for our discussions when we meet.

Through Future Eyes

technology
science
art
politics
war
poverty
anti-violence
Malcolm X
religion
artillery
influence
"in the future"
nature
imperialism
language
nationalism
history
flying cars
transition
rebellion
global warming
aliens
outer space
"contact with"
colors
fashion
architect
claustrophobia
peace
cell phones
Apple (the company)
books
music
journals
time
free speech
aesthetic
repression
textiles
machines
signs
shapes
building

3 comments:

Mari/o said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mari/o said...

I like all the ideas! Props to whoever came up with them and thank you Natalia for typing it up.

I do have a couple favorites, like technology, cell phones, the Apple company, etc.

I was also going to add science to my list of favorites, but them I remembered that the YBCA already had a biotechnology exhibit and I think it is in the YBCA's best interests not to be repetitive.

My one other comment is that this is the "Future Eyes," so I wanted to toss out some of the ideas like imperialism, and history, which are all in the past. I'm not trying to say that they're bad ideas, but I think they fit the context of the exhibit a little less well than some of the other ideas.

Just my two cents...

rosa gomez said...

i agree with marisol too i think this ideas are good. i have my own favorite themes that are listed like nature,art,colors and shape