Young Artists at Work is a paid, multidisciplinary arts, activism, and job training after-school program for San Francisco public high school teens.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Research info of the White Walls Artists! Please comment!!!

When I got home I reasearched on the following artists:

Cleon Peterson
Justin 'Coro' Kaufman
Shepard Fairey

  • 1. I went to Cleon's website, but he only has ONE picture up. I dug up a few thing such as:

http://cleonpeterson.com/

But all the other pics I found was the same exact art that we already saw at the galleries. I am interested in maybe contacting him to see if he can visit us and show us more of his art. I feel his art kinda goes with the human endurance. Another painting I saw at the gallery but couldn't find it online was the one where theres a street corner and theres police everywhere, people killing each other, people trying to save themselves (everyone for themselves kind of thing) and I feel that it falls in the big umbrella we have of "human edurance"

  • 2. I also found "Coro's" website:
(Khristine, you should REALLY check out and really look around his website, I think you would REALLY like some of the drawings he posted)

http://www.coro36ink.com/conceptart/charactercreature.shtml

But I'm not too sure about his artwork. I think it has a lot of a "aliens are gonna come and kill us in the future" feel to it ( on the concept art)

On the other hand, I did like some of the stuff on this section:

http://www.coro36ink.com/drawings/randomdrawings.shtml#

http://www.coro36ink.com/illustration/tshirtdesignsmisc.shtml

The only reason I like it was cause of some of the asthetics, but I think some of the pictures might relate to our theme. Check them out and tell me what you think.

  • 3. Shepard Fairey:





He seems to be a very political person, and I see political rebellion as a human endurance. I think of how people are forced to be silent and are repressed by the government. So I think he would also be good to consider.

No comments: